Show Notes for the Parents
(Note, we are having some problems with the official Ditch Diggers site, so please be patient with us.)
- Mur and Matt welcome parents: author Adam Rakunas and author, games, transmedia, and screenwriter Andrea Phillips as guest co-hosts!
- Adam and Andrea are both full-time freelance writers and full-time primary caregivers to their (what seems to Matt to be, anyway) many children.
- Recording this episode was delayed because Adam’s daughter vomited on literally everything in the world, which sets a perfect tone for the topic of the show.
- Andrea and Adam share their backgrounds as writers, how and when they started, and where they are now.
- Full-time caregiving while full-time writing, and how each affects the other.
- Matt asks if having kids changes your professional goals as a writer (e.g. lights a larger fire under your ass to succeed).
- Andrea talks how being a mother unduly influences others’ perception of her and her writing, the struggles of that, and about crowdfunding her Lucy Smokeheart series of fiction.
- Mur asks about scheduling conflicts and other insightful things as the sole Ditch Digging parent among the regular hosts.
- Our guest co-hosts tackle Q&A from Twitter!