SO many things to talk about! Let’s bullet point:
Our fridge stopped working the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. We got it fixed a day later but that threw the whole of holiday planning into chaos and I ended up missing several days of the NaNoWriMo podcast. Sorry about that. I ended the month with about 20k words written, but other things got achieved (passive voice FTW) in addition to writing, so I’m pleased.
- This got announced right before Thanksgiving and I’ve yet to actually talk about it. I’ve agreed to join Protagonist Labs as a consultant for their upcoming storytelling game, Storium. Full story here. To say I’m thrilled to be part of this project doesn’t even begin to describe it.
- I’m also involved with the Cars, Cards, and Carbines Anthology project, and it’s coming together beautifully. It being a Kickstarter anthology, it won’t happen unless it’s funded, so check it out and give if you can!
- You may have already noticed, but the kiddo and I are trying to do another month of advent-opening fun, video style! If Final Cut cooperates, that is…
- I was on the Moment in the Zone podcast discussing mental aspects in regards to writing recently, hear it here!
- I just passed a year writing every day, thanks to the Magic Spreadsheet. I wanted this to feel huge, like a massive accomplishment, but really it just felt like I was writing on just another day. I was disappointed but then I realized that was what I wanted. I don’t celebrate consecutive days of brushing my teeth or washing the dishes or picking my kid up from school, because those are habits, and they have to be done no matter what. (OK, sometimes the dishes do slide a day, but you get my meaning.) After a year, my writing is a habit that has to be done no matter what. And that in itself is a triumph. No more diva, “I don’t FEEEEEL like writing today!” I still say that, understand, but then I sit my ass down and get the writing done regardless. Thanks, Tony, and thanks Magic Spreadsheet.
- Lastly, if you are a newcomer to The Shambling Guide to New York City, the free podcast goes away on the 15th! Download while you can! And hey, the book makes a great holiday gift, and don’t forget you can pre-order the sequel, Ghost Train to New Orleans.
- While I’m shilling, I wanted to remind you I had a book of Christmas short stories available via ebook!
Every Xmas Story from Mur: Only $3.99!
<p> I think that’s everything, but I’m sure I’ll think of something else. Then I’ll blog again. </p>