ISBW #317 – Feedback
In this show we cover what to do at each milestone of rejections. There is no maximum number of rejections you can get before you should stop writing. But you should mark the milestones regardless:
- 100 rejections: Go to Google and search for your favorite author and see if you can find how many rejections THEY got before they had a sale. This will also test your Google skills, as the search may be difficult. Learn about JK Rowling’s homelessness, etc.
- 200 rejections: Send a favorite author an email. Ask for an atta-girl/boy. Or if that scares you, tweet @MykeCole (who may also be your favorite author!) and say you need encouragement. He will deliver. Or heck, tweet at me – @mightymur.
- 300 rejections: Join a writer’s group. If you can’t find one, create one at your local library.
- 400 rejections: Go to your vineyard’s* website and order a cheap bottle of wine to feel sorry for yourself, and order the most expensive bottle you can because you are a damn working writer and deserve to be rewarded for it.
- 500 rejections: start a betting pool to see how many rejections you will gather before you get a sale. [may be illegal in your state]
- 600 rejections: Start your own podcast.
Out March 4!
(Amazon affiliate link)