Ditch Diggers #26: Agent/Author Relations, with Kameron Hurley and Hannah Bowman
Matt and Mur come to you live, connected via Skype, between Morgan Freeman’s haberdashery and Morgan Freeman’s Tomb of the Youngsters, with special guest go-hosts, multi-Hugo Award-winning author Kameron Hurley and her agent, Hannah Bowman!
- Matt and Mur argue the nature of ad-libs.
- Matt pronounces Hannah’s name incorrectly (it’s Han-ah, like Han Solo).
- This fearsome foursome discuss authors, agents, and booze.
- Hurley discusses how she came to sign with her agent, and Hannah discusses why she chose to sign her client, Hurley.
- Tips for authors vetting potential agents.
- Hurley and Hannah talk about their author/agent process when it comes to planning, executing, and editing books (which basically consists of having no set process).
- Hurley talks about how her new essay collection, THE GEEK FEMINIST REVOLUTION came about, and Hannah’s role in it.
- Hurley and Hannah field questions from the Ditch Diggers audience, including agenting debut novels, agents editing vs. editors editing, and absolutely nothing about woodchucks chucking wood (you’ll see/hear).
- Kameron Hurley’s website
- Kameron Hurley on Twitter
- Kameron Hurley’s Patreon
- Kameron Hurley’s Newsletter
- Hannah Bowman’s Tumblr
- Liza Dawson Agency Associates Literary Agency
Buy our books and help us eat! (Affiliate)