Ditch Diggers #51: End of the Year Spectacular, guest starring Hurley and Wendig!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:25:34 — 83.6MB)
Subscribe: Android | Email | | More
- The Ditch Diggers come to you live from Morgan Freeman’s Nicer-Than-Chuck-Wendig’s-Writing-Shed with special year-end episode spectacular guest co-hosts, Kameron Hurley and Chuck Wendig!
- We briefly clarify who the guests are and who the hosts are, and talk about the momentous completion of the Hurley/Wendig Trilogy on Ditch Diggers (Matt insists there will be a “third act twist” which leads to an argument about what constitutes the third act in this scenario).
- Everyone recaps their 2017 as writers. Hurley talks about throwing out two-thirds of a new book. Chuck talks about only focusing on a single book for a change (as he usually writes approximately 7,574 books per year). Mur talks about the sale and release of Six Wakes. Matt laments many personal hurdles that added height to professional hurdles.
- Einstein had sex with everything, including James Joyce, which segues into Hemingway/Fitzgerald slash fic (briefly, but notably).
- A digression into grandmothers, Nazi boots, radio turkeys, hills and valleys and the difference between the two (Matt is the only one confused by the old idiom, apparently).
- The foursome discuss Hollywood, and the differences between the film/TV industry and the publishing industry.
- Everyone looks ahead to 2018 and discusses their plans, hopes, and fears (spoiler: those are all basically the same thing).
- The recent Patreon debacle, what happened, what it means, and what it signals for authors, and all freelance creators, in the future.
- Everyone performs their final shilling of the year, and we wish everyone a much better 2018!
- Chuck Wendig: terribleminds.com
- Kameron Hurley: kameronhurley.com
- Hurley’s Patreon: patreon.com/kameronhurley
- Hurley’s Tip Jar: paypal.me/KameronHurley
- Hurley’s newsletter: bit.ly/hurleysheroes
- The Stars Are Legion: http://a.co/1NpquVn
- Invasive: http://a.co/2JVKIw0