Ditch Diggers #49: Happiness in darkness
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:09:31 — 49.3MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Play | TuneIn | | More
- Mur and Matt come to you live from Morgan Freeman’s iPhone 7 BlueTooth Headphone store.
- Matt didn’t know before he bought one that the iPhone 7 has no headphone jack and he is unhappy about it. Loudly.
- Mur cites a study she read comparing apps that make people happy to apps that don’t and how much time we spend using both, and the results led her down a path of several writing career related epiphanies.
- Matt recaps the week in professional writers getting screwed, particularly the wake of DNAinfo and Gothamist being shuttered by billionaire Joe Ricketts after both writing staffs voted to unionize.
- The Ditch Diggers discuss what about the current online market and publishing models need to be changed and how writers have to react to begin bringing about that change.
- Twitter Q&A! Topics include agents requesting marketing plans from querying authors, how much editing/rewriting is too much, and consuming drugs and alcohol while writing.
- The apps and happiness study cited by Mur in this episode: http://www.timewellspent.io/app-ratings/