Ditch Diggers #32: Michael J. Martinez Says “F YOU, Dust!”
- Matt and Mur come to you live from Morgan Freeman’s jazz house with special guest co-host Michael J. Martinez
- On the subject of “free hugs” and hugging strangers in general at conventions
- Mike talks about his first hardcover book release, his fantasy Cold War mash-up MJ-12: INCEPTION, which has a dust jacket and everything (“Michael J. Martinez, saying ‘fuck you’ to dust since 2016!”
- Mike talks openly and honestly about the disintegration of his first publisher, Night Shade Books, and how it affected his and others’ career, and what the status is now.
- How Mike started his writing career, and how you go from one book to thinking about and planning for a career in fiction publishing.
- The Ditch Diggers delve into Mike’s former career in journalism, and how he balances writing with his new career in finance.
- Retirement planning for authors. Mike talks about how he views writing full-time as a realistic goal, and what it takes to reach that goal.
- Q&A from Twitter, including unread questions from Matt’s mom, and having your work optioned for film/TV.
Buy our books and help us eat! (Affiliate)