We had a number of tech problems, but hopefully you can’t tell… much. And parents, Ursula is, among other things, a kids’ book author, but this podcast still has an explicit tag.
- Mur and Matt welcome special 20th episode guest co-host, Hugo and Nebula Award winner Ursula Vernon!
- We establish Ursula does everything except sing and dance.
- There are many technical difficulties, which we overcome with editorial aplomb.
- When authors have to get electrodes taped to their ass (Ursula demonstrates her blogging candor as a writer).
- We talk to Ursula about writers and mental health, including her recent bouts with anxiety and depression and balancing that with deadlines, how it’s okay and absolutely necessary to seek treatment, and how depression in writers is perceived by non-writers.
- How it’s really hard to find a good pill case.
- We take questions from the email bag and Twitter.
- Ursula talks about the benefits of creating a popular internet meme.
- We discuss the value or lack thereof of author tours. Ursula talks about touring as a children’s author vs. an author of non-kid lit.
Buy our books and help us eat! (Affiliate)