Matt and Mur come to you live from Morgan Freeman’s Harry Potter-themed Escape Room with special guest co-host Cassandra Khaw!
- Morgan and JK Rowling have dueling Escape Rooms based on each other’s work and Cassandra is very perplexed.
- Matt and Mur talk to Cassandra about developing her first video game, She Remembered Caterpillars, which encourages parents to talk with their kids about mortality and has been nominated for Best Children’s Game of the Year.
- Matt makes it clear Mur is NOT encouraging parents to leave their kids in funeral home escape rooms to teach them about death.
- Cassandra talks about her sophomore year writing and publishing fiction ranging from cthulhu noir to paranormal romance involving were-bears.
- Breaking into video game reviews and tech writing, the Ditch Digger way.
- Mur, Matt, and Cassandra discuss the mentality it takes to drop everything and physically relocate to pursue your writing career.
- Long term vs. short term goals and motivation.
- The Ditch Diggers discuss how technology has and will alter both of those things.
- Mur reaffirms the DD commitment to discuss politics when it’s relevant to the show, whether you like it or not.
- Twitter/email Q&A! Topics include finding freelance work, taxes for writers, pandas, non-fiction books vs. online markets, organizing multiple projects, and much more.
- Cassandra Khaw on Twitter: https://twitter.com/casskhaw
- Cassandra’s website: http://www.cassandrakhaw.com/
BOOKS AND GAMES BY CASSANDRA
- She Remembered Caterpillars: http://caterpillar.solutions/
- Hammers on Bone: http://a.co/dpnGv5r
- A Song for Quiet: http://a.co/6FQQjiu
MENTIONED BY CASSANDRA IN THE EPISODE
- Train Jam: http://trainjam.com/
- Ludum Dare: http://ludumdare.com/
- inklewriter: http://www.inklestudios.com/
- Twine: https://twinery.org/
Buy our books and help us eat! (Affiliate)